French Government Asserts Innocence in PIP Implant Blunder Scam

French Government Asserts Innocence in PIP Implant Blunder Scam

In a recent revelation in the PIP implants case, it has been said that the French officials had realized in 1996, that there were some sort of problems in the breast implants. The officials report is of the view that in the year 1996, the health authorities had been informed about the problems being faced due to faulty material being used by PIP implants.

"Without unannounced visits, this company was so well organized as to be able to cover up," "It provided samples that conformed (to regulation) but in reality it was making another, obviously non-standard product”, said AFSSAPS' General Director, Dominique Maraninchi.

The authorities, on the other hand, are of the view that they didn’t go wrong in their actions and that it is the firm and not the health authorities responsible for this major failure.

The report is of the view that there had been anonymous letters and alerts that had previously warned the government about the wrong doings of the firm, but they didn’t take any notice of it. There were tests ordered for the authenticity of the implants, and after they seemed to be satisfactory, no further investigation was done to determine the truth about them.

In the recent few weeks, there has been a major blunder witnessed in the entire world, where the French firm PIP implants agreed that they had been using cheaper material in their implants to make them cost effective. This has been the cause of irritation and even breast cancer in many women. The governments, who have now taken a stand, are of the view that they shall bear the costs of the removal of the implants. They are however of the view that they wouldn’t pay for the reconstructions, unless the previous implants were due to the reasons like mastectomy


FrenchTribune Specials

Head of Alcatel-Lucent defends payment of EUR 14-Million

On Monday, the head of telecoms equipment maker Alcatel-Lucent said no to government pressurizing him to give up bonuses which could give him about EUR 14 million, as part of its buyout by rival Nokia.

The head of the French-American company since 2013, Michel Combes, told the business daily Les Echos that the payments were not...

Most Popular

Drug-related deaths rise by a third in Glasgow, study

According to a new study, the total number of drug...

Air Pollution Causes an Estimated 1.6 Million Deaths in China Every Year

A recent study published in Nature Geoscience revealed...

A Baby Planet has been discovered in another Solar System

According to reports, astronomers have captured an image...

Nasa's Curiosity rover takes a 360 degree selfie on MARS

The Curiosity rover, sent by American space agency NASA...

Poll

Can Greece Come out of Economic Problems: