Samsung might tap LG Chem as new battery supplier for Galaxy S8
According to The Korean Herald, Samsung is apparently in talks with LG Chem for securing a battery supply partnership for its next flagship handset --- the Samsung Galaxy S8.
Samsung's reported move to explore the possibility of tapping the battery-manufacturing capabilities of LG Chem for its Galaxy S8 handset are seemingly rooted in the recent Galaxy Note 7 debacle caused by explosive batteries.
The Korean Herald report has highlighted the fact that Samsung is looking to diversify its list of battery suppliers for Galaxy S8 because the company's ill-fated latest Galaxy Note 7 handset was equipped with defective batteries; 70 percent of which were supplied by Samsung's sister firm SDI, and the remaining 30 percent by Chinese manufacturer ATL.
However, there is no concrete evidence that Samsung is looking to work out a battery supply partnership with LG Chem because of the potentially explosive batteries in Galaxy Note 7. Nonetheless, with the Note 7 fiasco costing Samsung a whopping $5 billion, it is understandable that the company would try its best to avoid another mishap when it launches its new Galaxy S8 handset in 2017.
Meanwhile, about Samsung's reportedly ongoing negotiations with LG Chem for supplying batteries for Galaxy S8, a Samsung executive told The Korean Herald: "We are looking at diverse suppliers, including LG Chem."
Presidential candidate Francois Fillon has offered...Read More
French government has sent a strong message to...Read More
Emmanuel Macron has better support from French...Read More
Prominent Socialist Party leader Bertrand Delanoe...Read More
Presidential election candidate Emmanuel Macron has...Read More
Many personal care products available in the market...Read More